If you consider that I sell stuff for a living, and that I love podcasting it is clear that I should start selling stuff for podcasting.
That is exactly what I am doing. The first product I decided to stock in my Arlington, Texas store is the ProCast SST USB Microphone.
I saw this set up at Podcast Movement in August, and decided this was a great product to start my new adventure into the world of podcasting equipment sales.
Let me give you a little info about this set up straight from the manufactures website:
There are many inexpensive options for recording podcasts that are available today, but what about the professional podcaster? Introducing Procast Studio Station by Miktek. The ProCast SST is a high quality USB studio condenser microphone with integrated radio style boom and on-board 24 Bit audio interface. The ProCast SST’s mixer section offers two inputs, which can be used to connect mic or line sources. Channel 1 allows you to use the onboard condenser microphone or select the rear panel ¼-inch Instrument/Line level input. Channel 2 provides a rear panel mini XLR to connect a second microphone, or selectable rear panel ¼-inch Instrument Line level input. Each input features a Mic/Line switch, Clip LED, a 60 mm studio quality fader, plus Mute switch. In addition, there’s a phantom power switch to power an external condenser microphone. The ProCast SST provides no latency direct monitoring, which can be mixed in with the computer playback. In addition, the SST has a second headphone output for producers or additional talent, or use the output to connect a set of control room studio monitors. The ProCast SST’s professional features makes it an ideal choice for home recording. Singer songwriters can easily record high quality vocals and connect electric and acoustic guitars or keyboards to produce professional quality recordings. If you’re serious about home recording or podcasts, you need the ProCast SST.
ProCast SST Features
Studio Condenser Microphone
• Internally shock-mounted large diaphragm 19mm electret condenser microphone
• On-board High-Pass filter
• Multi-stage steel grille
• Metal die-cast body construction
Microphone Boom and Base
• Heavy duty weighted desktop stand
• Adjustable radio style scissor boom
• Non-skid rubber feet
USB Audio Interface
• 24 Bit 2 x 2 Audio Interface with high quality converters
• Two channel inputs with selectable mini XLR or ¼” Input
• Records two vocal inputs, a vocal and instrument, or stereo instruments
• Adjustable input Level controls on 60mm faders
• Backlit input Mute switch
• Input signal level LED monitoring
• Adjustable input and playback blending
• Optional +48V phantom power
• Two 1/8” headphone outputs
• Individual headphone level controls
• Input mono channel summing
• 3 meter Mini XLR to XLR Cable
• 3 meter USB cable
• Foam windscreen
Quantity in stock: 1
This content is provided with a Creative Commons Share-Alike License. Feel free to use this content, so long as you give credit to Gary Leland, and link to http://garyleland.com